Oct 17, 2005

My rock.

Okay...so it was a fabulous weekend. My mom and I went on a retreat, I got a cool pair of shoes, I "hiked" the flint hills of Kansas, sat in a really amazing pioneer church, studied Nehemiah, heard coyotes and owls, and this morning the tornado siren went off in the middle of communion.

But, even more than that, I read about a man in the Bible who I now like a lot. He had sooo much conviction, so much gut-wrenching passion when it came to doing something he knew the Lord was calling him to do, it was remarkable. I mean, the guy prayed, really prayed from the core of his being, for four straight months before he even began. Then, when people were making the job miserable, coming up against him, plotting ways to stop him, he pushed on with even more conviction than ever! Where is that kind of drive and conviction today? I wondered if it is in my own life...I want it to be, I know that much. I mean, yes, the Lord goes before us and does battle, but I think He would like it if we followed. (I kinda get the idea that's what he intends, huh?)

I took home a rock.

It's so I can get to work building my wall.

If you've never read Nehemiah's story, seriously, good stuff, it'll get to you.

alright. Table nine, your pizza is ready.

No comments: