Aug 28, 2008

Uciekać

that's all I needed to do. Ratować się ucieczką...everything.
How do you say "supreme  lethargy" in Polish?

I can remember the last time I ever sat and watched a TV show in hour-long marathons. August. It only happens in August. 
Fans blasting.
Shades drawn.
Patrick Dempsey is saving lives.
We like it when Patrick Dempsey saves lives.

Despite the beautiful lethargic hours and the gallon of Pasión de Café ice cream in the freezer, I am excited to go back to work in the coming days.
My muscles are going to atrophy if I don't.
Plus, I have read some new thoughts, been inspired by countless hours of new music, picked the brains of both new and long-time friends, climbed to gorgeous heights with awe-inspiring views, penned many new chapters and verses and ramblings of my brain, and because of all that...
I feel ready to jump in to both creating and creatively instructing again. 

So I say today.

Ask me again tomorrow.

Things making me smile at this moment: 

-A gigantic king james reference Bible 
-Wearing hand-me-down clothes 
-my roomate's baking impulses
-Subject-O-Matique
-my Polish heritage
-drinking something with the word "spritzer" in the title
-savoring the last few days of 25-ness
-the cinematic orchestra





1 comment:

Sarah Siders said...

I used to know some Polish. When my friend's family came to her wedding from Poland, they didn't know any English. But I've since forgotten pretty much all of it, except "hello", which I have no idea how to spell. It was really good to talk with you yesterday. And from the sound of it, you were refreshed by your vacation and your conversations from home. May you always create your beautiful art from love and not from obligation. Love you, my friend.