Jul 28, 2008

I care not for consistancy...

I am motivated by change.
This is why I am not very motivated right now. Monday morning, I find myself sitting at the reception desk in our school, answering phones and writing emails (okay, so I'm pausing to write this) again.... Another week of work, more work than before, now that I'm looking around and taking inventory.
I have always known that I thrive on change, that's nothing new. But I have realized that without change I can grow very apathetic.
That's probably no good.
Next week I am moving for the sixth time in two and a half years. I want to think that a new apartment will be enough change to motivate me a little more. I have this idea that it will inspire me. I will want to cook, write, and draw again. Maybe I'll go back to practicing the guitar. I need my creativity to be refreshed, because this past year and summer session sucked quite a bit out of me. Even though I am not going home, or traveling anywhere (because I have no money...) I am forging heavy battle against my pessimistic tendencies (my mother would be so proud) so I can step into August and the coming school year in expectancy and hope.

Is it alright to need change like that? I just don't foresee myself ever not needing it so badly...

2 comments:

Sarah Siders said...

My best advice for getting over the lack-of-imagination blues is to just give myself something to look forward to, perhaps small but always whimsical. We as humans have to have something to look forward to in order to survive. This is good advice for myself right now because I haven't been feeling very creative lately and I'd like to get that back. I have too much time on my hands, which is different than you, but it can still breed apathy - strange. Anyway, I'll work on it if you do. I think I'm going to make myself play the piano or do something I used to love to do, just for fun, and see what happens. Let me know how it goes, Ic.

Ryan said...

saw the link on your facebook page and got curious. Did my coming to this page make the readership go up a lot? heh heh. I kid. I kid. I'm a kidder like that.

As to your need for change, I was just about to make some stupid pun about everyone needing change for the soda machine, but i'll stop now.